Joining good stuff with cool people

If you follow my blog, I encourage you to check out nerdfighters.com and Vlogbrothers on Youtube. I follow them and I am a proud Nerdfighter. See what it is, maybe you want to join or buy a t-shirt or something. See other stuff about me and my life and the things I do below.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Don't You Hate When Voldemort Holds Up The Line At Wal-Mart?

Why yes, yes I do.

I saw a gorgeous, single rose on my neighbor's bush today.
I picked it off and threw it on the ground.

I read the cutest card in Wal-Mart last weekend.
I bought it and ripped it to pieces.

I heard the sweetest song on the radio Saturday night.
I turned it off and listened to rockabilly instead.

My new friend composed the most beautiful piano song and posted it on Youtube.
I typed something new in and listened to Alex Day rant about Twilight.

I determined my day was officially miserable at lunch today.
It posted every that it was terrible later.

And I bet you have no idea why I did these things.
I bet you, the ignorant fool who is reading this with that dumb expression on your face, don't know the secret.
You don't know me, and the way I do things.

I did it...for you. Yes, you. Whoever you are, this was all for you. The "ignorant fool" previously mentioned. I made my neighbor miserable because I couldn't stand the sight of something more pure than you. I couldn't stand the thought of giving someone one more opportunity to express affection for anyone better than you. I couldn't stand giving radio people another listener, because that song shouldn't be for anyone but you. I watched mindless things instead of meaningful music because you weren't there to share it; you weren't around to hear it too. I hated my day because you weren't in it, you were too busy, and I'm miserable without you.

You're not ignorant, you're not a fool. You're not naive or weak or mindless. You, because you are who you are (which happens to be you), are a borderline unique personality. You may be almost my identical twin, or someone else's, whether you know them or not. But just because you're similar doesn't make you the same. So you're still unique.

Beautiful or handsome, intelligent or average, tall or short, skinny or voluptuous, A or B type, outgoing or shy, extrovert or introvert, loved by many or the outcast, my best friend or my worst enemy, I love you all the same. You're so vital, so important to my way of life and the lives of so many countless and nameless others. So...thank you.

Don't stop the world from turning just to stay in a perfect moment. Remember it and accept the change. Or keep going and you might get lucky. It might last forever.

I wrote that. Just now, as I had enough inspiration to post again. This is for all my friends and family and loved ones. Especially Ana, and my mum. Now what I DON'T want you to do is take this, copy it, and paste it in an email to start a sweet and emotional forwarding chain. NO. You do, and I swear I'll find out, hunt you down, and punish you. I want this to be inspiration for you so you can write an original one. This is NOT a take-it-and-paste-it kind of thing where it's a "Things For You To Steal" free for all. Absolutely not. With that said, and much seriousness injected into my words, I must leave you. Contemplate, marinate, leave to take a quick shower because you have a long day tomorrow I don't care. Just don't take this. It's mine, and if I found that someone had taken it and posted it somewhere else without my permission. I really would cry. I would cry and scream and get it back. I would fight for my rights with extended and well sharpened claws of relentlessness and mercilessness and viciousness. Oh yes. I would.

<3 u! TTYL ppls! (Love you! Talk to you later people(s))

No comments:

Post a Comment